Saturday, July 21, 2007

Reading Reflection Three

http://www.infotoday.com/MMSchools/jan04/richardson.shtml

After the first weekend of class I felt like I needed a little more background about blogs and RSS. I read “Blogging and RSS: The “What’s It?” and “How To” of Powerful New Web Tools for Educators” by Will Richardson.
This article gives a basic introduction to blogging. It suggests websites to start your own blog – including the one we used in class. More importantly, it discusses how RSS (Real Simple Syndication) can benefit education. RSS allows blogs to list new and current information. In the future, I could make a page dealing with my orchestra class but also linking to news sites about the music world and industry.
I enjoyed exploring some of the links off of the main page. http://www.blogforamerica.com/ is an example of how the internet, websites, and blogs are changing the way the current presidential campaign is being advertised. Many candidates and political parties have websites which are aimed at younger citizens who spend a lot of time on the web.
I looked at my school website and realized that it could be much more informative if the webmaster incorporated some RSS feeds and links.

No comments: