Thursday, August 23, 2007

RSS Feed - ABC Travel

I absolutely love to travel. I just read an article about people in Thailand dying becuase they ate puffer fish that had been dyed to look like salmon! I have not been to Thailand, but I have travelled to China and Japan where puffer fish is also eaten. This type of fish contains the poison tetrodotoxin and can be fatal. So far, fifteen people have died and more than a hundred are very sick. The thought that someone could knowingly put peoples lives in danger is scary. It is just another reminder to me that when travelling I should be aware and educated about what I am eating.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

For some reason I have heard a lot about this dinner special lately. It seems ironic that you bring it up. Supposedly if this fish is cooked properly, no problem shall incur. I have to say though, I don't think I would want to take that chance but when I think about it, how much can you really say about this when you go elsewhere and eat termites?